- Real estate veteran Todd Anderson dead at age 58Todd Anderson, the principal, executive vice president of acquisitions for The Hampshire Companies and leasing director for Partner Funds, passed away this weekend and is being remembered for his creative and personal approach to real estate. Anderson died unexpectedly this weekend in his Bernardsville, NJ home at the age of 58. He joined Hampshire in […]
- Google closes on Chelsea Market building for $2.4BGoogle is officially the freshest offering at Chelsea Market. The Mountain View, California company closed on its acquisition of the 1.2 million s/f building, purchasing it from Jamestown L.P. for $2.4 billion. As it stands, the former Nabisco factory takes up an entire city block between Ninth and Tenth Avenues and 15th and 16th Streets, […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Become Entrepreneurial WithinRemaster the Employee Mindset The author discusses ways to engage staff and develop the inner-entrepreneurial spirit. The traditional workplace, as we know it, has become obsolete and does not fit into today’s working culture and the demands of modern staff and employees. Today, the college graduate and individuals in their first few years of employment […]
- Transferring Closely Held Company EquityTo a Key Employee—Part I of II The author encourages, as a starting point, owners of a closely held company to consider numerous issues with regard to the compensation of key employees. If the closely held company operations are successful, valuable and long-term employees sometimes seek to be compensated through an equity ownership in the […]
- How a writer grew a scavenger hunt for friends into a 30-city businessAn occasional stand-up comedian and a writer and editor for magazines including Entertainment Weekly in the 1990s, Bret Watson would regularly spend free time visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art,... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Minority-owned general contractor is taking offWith a mere $800, Ed Campanella-Rodriguez began his construction company in 1987 when he was 26 years old. Thirty years later, MBI Group (No. 17 on Crain’s list of the New York area’s... To view the full story, click the title link.