- WHO’S NEWS: Corcoran snags Brooklyn specialist, Elliman picks up 5 LI agentsThe Corcoran Group has welcomed Brooklyn specialist Pablo Cuevas to their Williamsburg office. Cuevas joins The Corcoran Group from Douglas Elliman, where he spent the past 13 years. A native of Chile, he came to the US as an assistant station manager for Chile Airlines and later station manager at J.F.K. Airport. After running a […]
- Global Real Estate Summit to look at big pictureThe Global Real Estate Summit NYC returns next month for its 12th year. Embracing the theme of “Mapping the Global Future,” the day-long event will be held Monday, October 22, at the New York Marriott Marquis in midtown. Presented by the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors (HGAR) and the Staten Island Board of Realtors (SIBOR) […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Discounting Lost Profits to Present ValueEx ante, Ex post, and Hybrid Methodologies January 2019 will be the twentieth anniversary of one of the seminal articles written on discounting lost profits, Peter Schulman’s Economic Damages: Discounting Concepts and Alternatives. This article addresses the concepts and complexities of discounting lost profits that were discussed in the Schulman article and advances and additional […]
- The Expert Witness ExchangeMarketplace Platform for Aspiring and Experienced Litigation Support Professionals There is no disputing the influence that expert witnesses have on litigation outcomes—this much we know for sure. Their expertise is often relied upon by the court in rendering decisions, weighing the opinions, methodology, and, indeed, the credibility of the competing expert witnesses involved for each […]
- The five red flags of wire fraudCybercriminals are getting more aggressive in targeting your money through wire transfer requests. The number of attempts is on the rise, and scammers are getting bolder and more sophisticated in... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Ex-Deutsche Bank trader says he set Libor rate to aid positionsA former Deutsche Bank AG trader who was responsible for submitting the company’s daily borrowing rates — combined with those of other banks to calculate the Libor benchmark — said he would often... To view the full story, click the title link.