- Experiential evolutionBy Faith Hope Consolo, Chairman, Retail Leasing and Sales Division, Douglas Elliman Real Estate The retail industry as a whole is facing a major transformation. Online and brick-and-mortar stores transform to become “experiential retail.” This trend is being driven by many factors, including the increasing popularity of e-commerce, the decline in traditional department store and mall traffic, and the proliferation […]
- The retail sky is not falling, but there will be pain for those who don’t adjustBy Jedd Nero, Principal and Executive Managing Director, Avison Young Despite lots of opinions to the contrary, the retail sky is NOT falling and the world is not coming to an end. The retail landscape is indeed evolving, morphing and transforming into something new, however, these are challenging times for many retailers as they try […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Application of the Sales Projection MethodIn Measuring Trustee Breach of Fiduciary Duty Damages (Part I of II) The prudent investment of trust assets can minimize the potential for trustee fiduciary litigation risk, in addition to maximizing the trust beneficiaries’ economic interest in the trust. However, trust beneficiaries may initiate a breach of fiduciary duty tort claim when they feel that […]
- Want a Better Practice?Perform a File Autopsy! We live and die in/by our engagements. Bet you never thought of it that way. But really, tell me life isn’t just peachy when you’re working on a fun/interesting/profitable case. And that life doesn’t just suck when you’re not. Wouldn’t it be nice to have more peaches? In this article, Rod […]
- Two dental startups join forces to further oral healthQuip, a Brooklyn-based oral health startup, sells a sleek, soft-bristled electric toothbrush with a built-in timer, along with a subscription plan for replacement brush heads and toothpaste. It has... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Uber won't give up on congestion pricingStraphangers know that the subway system, one of the city's crown jewels, is in dire need of an upgrade, and anyone who has traveled in Manhattan by car knows how crowded the streets can be. In April... To view the full story, click the title link.