- Ladders for Leaders supporting next generation of talentAs New York’s real estate industry makes incredible strides today, we must also remain focused on finding and inspiring the leaders of tomorrow. Bringing in hard-working young adults and helping them explore and develop their talent is a priority for REBNY because it helps to ensure a bright future for our industry. That is why […]
- MTA brings on Silversteinʼs Janno Lieber to oversee its biggest construction projectsVeteran Silverstein executive Janno Lieber is set to oversee some of the MTAʼs biggest projects as the authorityʼs chief development officer. The appointment is part of Governor Andrew Cuomoʼs commitment to bringing private sector talent into public service to produce results for New Yorkers. “The key to transforming the MTA is delivering on bold and […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- PersuasionEffective Opening Statements in Mediation What is an effective opening statement? How does one prepare such a statement? In this article, Nancy Neal Yeend, an experienced mediator, shares the steps and processes that lead to an effective opening statement and how that statement can lead to resolution of disputes. Obviously, if you want to negotiate […]
- Demystifying Damages in Uncertain CasesThe Role of the Forensic Accountant There are a number of instances where damage estimates are uncertain and where a customer is lost. What should one do in these instances? Losses sometimes require reasonable estimates, as well as a reasonable forecasting of the market—both for the generation of revenues and for mitigation. In the case […]
- Cybercrime against residents is on the riseAs massive data hacks peppered the news cycle last year, plenty of smaller-scale breaches occurred quietly, compromising the records of thousands of New Yorkers. According to Attorney General Eric... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Business groups vow to fight mayor's cigarette billsMayor Bill de Blasio lit a fire under the city’s cigarette sellers last week, proposing to reduce their number and increase the price of a pack. Newsstands, bodegas, convenience stores and... To view the full story, click the title link.