CARES Act – Phase 3 of HHS Provider Relief Fund
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), is providing $20 billion in new funding for providers on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic. Under this Phase 3 General Distribution allocation, providers that have already received Provider Relief Fund payments can apply for additional funding that considers financial losses and changes in operating expenses caused by the coronavirus.
Providers can begin applying for funds on Monday, October 5, 2020. For eligible providers, the new Phase 3 General Distribution is designed to balance an equitable payment of 2 percent of annual revenue from patient care for all applicants plus an add-on payment to account for revenue losses and expenses attributable to COVID-19.
Providers eligible for Phase 3 General Distribution funding:
- Providers who previously received, rejected or accepted a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment. Providers that have already received payments of approximately 2% of annual revenue from patient care may submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
- Behavioral Health providers, including those that previously received funding and new providers.
- Healthcare providers that began practicing January 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, dentists, assisted living facilities and behavioral health providers.
All eligible providers will be considered for payment against the below criteria.
- All provider submissions will be reviewed to confirm they have received a Provider Relief Fund payment equal to approximately 2 percent of patient care revenue from prior general distributions. Applicants that have not yet received Relief Fund payments of 2 percent of patient revenue will receive a payment that, when combined with prior payments (if any), equals 2 percent of patient care revenue.
- With the remaining balance of the $20 billion budget, HRSA will then calculate an equitable add-on payment that considers the following:
- A provider’s change in operating revenues from patient care
- A provider’s change in operating expenses from patient care, including expenses incurred related to coronavirus
- Payments already received through prior Provider Relief Fund distributions.
All payment recipients will be required to attest to receiving the Phase 3 General Distribution payment and accept the associated Terms and Conditions.
Application Deadline and Other Assistance
Providers will have from October 5, 2020 through November 6, 2020 to apply for Phase 3 General Distribution funding. HHS will continue to host webinars to assist providers through the application process and the call center is also available to address questions. For updates and to learn more about the Provider Relief Program, visit: hhs.gov/providerrelief.
Provider Relief Fund Application and Attestation Portal
Click here for the Provider Relief Fund Application and Attestation Portal: https://cares.linkhealth.com/#/
For additional assistance, please contact your Gettry Marcus advisor who will work with our COVID-19 Crisis Advisory Task Force to provide additional assistance regarding the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund and/or other government-backed COVID-19 loan programs.
Login: Employee | Client