Cybersecurity: Myths That Could Put Your Business at Risk
Major events, like the COVID-19 pandemic, create new opportunities for cybercriminals to exploit. The reality is that 60% of small and medium-sized businesses will go out of business within 6 months of a cyber incident. Common misconceptions provide businesses with a false sense of security that could put them at a greater risk for harm due to a cybersecurity threat.
With the help of our strategic connection Total Technology Solutions (“Total”), Gettry Marcus has been proactive in educating employees on the importance of preventing cybersecurity threats as a small to midsized firm. If you agree with any of the myths below, click here to access “8 Cyber Myths Debunked.”
8 Cyber Myths to Be Aware Of
- Your business is too small to be targeted by hackers.
- Strong passwords are enough to keep your data safe.
- Anti-virus software will keep your business completely safe.
- If WiFi has a password, it is secure.
- Cybersecurity threats are only external.
- Annual employee security awareness training is sufficient.
- You will know immediately if you are hacked.
- Cybersecurity is solely the IT Department’s responsibility.
If you would like additional information please contact your Gettry Marcus Advisor who can introduce you to a Total Computer Solutions specialist.