Labor Organizations & Taft Hartley Plans
We recognize that labor organizations and related funds possess unique missions and distinctive structures. Our experienced union-focused team provides specialized services and solutions crafted to meet the specific needs of these entities. We have been serving labor organizations since the early 1980’s and currently serve 10 labor unions and 60 Taft Hartley Funds.
Our Union Group, comprised of professionals at various levels in the firm, brings vast and diversified experience with Labor Unions & Multi-Employer Benefit Plans. This team offers highly specialized accounting solutions to these organizations.
- Comprehensive Tax and Compliance Forms and Filing Management and Compliance including but not limited to:
- Form LM: LM-1, LM-2, LM-3, LM-4, LM-10, LM-20, LM-21 and LM-30
- Form 5500
- Form 8955-SSA
- Form 1023 and 1024 Application and Compliance
- Form M-1 for MEWAs
- Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-T and 990-N
- Form NYS CT-13
- Form 720
- Form 8872
- PBGC Comprehensive Tax Filings
- Form 945
- Form 1099 MISC, 1099-R and 1099-NEC
- Assistance with IRS, DOL, IBT, NYS Notices and other Governmental Agency Examinations and Audits.
- Monthly or Quarterly Review and Analysis of Plan’s Financial Activity.
- Rental and Administrative Expense Allocation Studies.
- Financial Budgeting, Forecasting and Cash Flow Projections for Benefit Plans and Not for Profit Entities.
- Payroll Compliance Examinations.
- Assistance to benefit plan’s actuary for compliance with 104(d) Notices, Asset Allocations, Zone Certification and required filings.
- Full scope audits of Not for Profit Entities and Multi-Employer Benefit Plans in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles or other comprehensive basis of accounting.
- Compilation or Review engagements in accordance with Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) for not for profit organizations.