- DOL working to get New York’s unemployed an extra $300 a weekNew York is working to get a promised $300 a week into the hands of the state’s record unemployed. FEMA Administrator Pete Gaynor approved New York for a grant under the Lost Wages Assistance program at the weekend. The funding will allow New York to provide $300 per week federal... The post DOL working to […]
- Why the CRE industry should keep calm and carry onBy David GoldwasserFounder, FIA Capital Partners The distressed commercial real estate market is all hyperbole. Tenants are not paying rent – mainly retailers, as well as some office occupants. People are not running in the streets to sell their properties at a discount or at a loss. Lenders are frustrated... The post Why the CRE […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- The Quick-Reference Guideto Business Valuation for Attorneys Investors who hold publicly traded securities have the luxury of knowing the value of their investment at virtually any time. An internet connection and a few clicks of a mouse are all it takes to get an up-to-date stock quote. Of all U.S. companies, however, less than 1 percent are […]
- R.D. Clark and Sons, Inc., et al. v. James Clark, et al.Connecticut Appellate Court Affirms Trial Court’s Decision Not to Tax-Affect Earnings In a dispute over the buyout of the minority shares in a family business, the Connecticut appellate court addressed several important valuation issues. Notably, the appellate court upheld the trial court’s decision not to tax-affect the company’s earnings in determining the fair value of […]
- Consumer spending rose a moderate 1.9% in JulyU.S. consumers increased their spending by 1.9% last month, a dose of support for an economy struggling to emerge from the grip of a pandemic that has held back a recovery and kept roughly 27 million... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Citi Field could be an answer to getting kids back to schoolWith summer drawing to a close, and the pandemic still dominating everyday life, the question of what the first day of school will look like for 1 million New York City public school students is... To view the full story, click the title link.