- AROUND TOWN: Events you need to know about this weekNYBC Gala Nov. 20: The New York Building Congress Indsutry Recognistion Gala will take place tonight at The Grand Hyatt, 109 West 42nd Street, beginning at 6 p.m. Honorees are Victoria Cerami, Cerami & Associates; Mitchel Simpler, Jaros, Baum & Bolles; and Peter Davoren of Turner Construction who will accept the Public Service Award. RELA Seminar... The post AROUND TOWN: Events […]
- Cityʼs newest park to be called Little IslandThe name of New York City’s newest public park, now taking shape in Hudson River Park by West 13th Street, has been announced as Little Island by The Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation. Upon its expected completion in spring 2021, Little Island will serve as a park, free to the public,... The post Cityʼs newest park […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Terminal Values in DCFsAnd Runaway Valuations In a discounted cash flow analysis, a large portion of a firm’s value is typically attributed to the terminal value, i.e., the value beyond the projection period. Valuation presentations often show or discuss what happens to the firm’s value if the perpetuity growth rate (PGR) is changed. In this sensitivity analysis, it […]
- Managing Business Interruption ClaimsWhat Forensic Accountants Need to Avoid Doing What do forensic accountants need to know when performing a business interruption loss engagement? What are some of the common errors and pitfalls that forensic accountants need to avoid? In this article, the author will answer these questions as well as walk through the process of performing a […]
- 'This makes no sense': B&H challenges AG's claims on tax fraudB&H, the photography and video equipment retailer, is calling bull on allegations that it cheated New York state out of at least $7.3 million in sales taxes. In a statement Thursday, the retailer... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Bronx pol got taxpayer reimbursements for political tripsBronx Assemblyman Michael Blake flies while New York taxpayers buy. A Crain's analysis of the ambitious state lawmaker's use of Assembly travel vouchers and per diems—intended to reimburse... To view the full story, click the title link.