- Expert calls newest COVID law a political stuntLegal experts are warning that a new law aimed at protecting small businesses battered by the coronavirus is “unenforceable” and no more than a political stunt by elected officials looking to bolster their popularity. “There’s not a chance in hell the courts would follow through with this and the city... The post Expert calls newest […]
- Maloney calls for pandemic insurance for future crisesNew York Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney is calling for a pandemic insurance program that could help protect businesses from losses wrought by future pandemics or public health emergencies. The senior member of the House Financial Services Committee yesterday introduced H.R. 7011, the Pandemic Risk Insurance Act of 2020 (PRIA) that... The post Maloney calls for […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- How to Survive an Effective Cross-ExaminationSkillsets Needed to Excel as an Expert During Cross-Examination For those financial experts awaiting their first opportunity to testify, as well as for those not certain of their skillsets, the author shares his tips on how to be impressive on the witness stand. As an attorney-CPA credentialed in business valuation, I have had the opportunity […]
- Intangibles in a Transfer Pricing ContextReflections on the Ninth Circuit’s Decision in Amazon.com, Inc. v. Commissioner What is included when valuing intangibles assets for transfer pricing purposes? This is an issue that was addressed once by the U.S. Tax Court and more recently, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In a unanimous decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for […]
- U.S. on cusp of marking at least 100K deaths from virusThe United States was on the cusp of marking at least 100,000 deaths from the coronavirus, a once-unthinkable toll that now appears to be just the beginning of untold misery in the months ahead as... To view the full story, click the title link.
- De Blasio vows to crack down on small-business owners who reopen earlyvowed on Wednesday that he would not tolerate that have defied state pandemic guidelines and The city will shut any business that reopens in defiance of state and city orders, de Blasio said... To view the full story, click the title link.