- MTA purchases Grand Central Terminal for $35 millionThe MTA bought the 105-year-old Grand Central Terminal for $35 million. The MTA board voted to approve the purchase during their monthly board meeting in November. The deal includes ownership of Grand Central Terminal and Metro-North’s Harlem and Hudson lines. With MTA ownership, the agency said they can now utilize the full potential and control […]
- Who’s News: Construction and design promotions, appointmentsSkanska announced the promotion of Tom Maxwell to Vice President of Field Operations for the company’s civil operations in the Northeast. Maxwell most recently served as Project Executive. He has worked for Skanska his entire 49-year career in the construction industry and has been part of some of the most challenging and complex projects the […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- News You Can’t UseSSFS 1 Announced at AICPA FVS Conference The AICPA just announced the upcoming Statement on Standards for Forensic Services (SSFS 1) engagements. In this article, C. Zachary Meyers offers readers a sneak peek into the three key areas of interest. So, the word on the preverbal block is that the AICPA just announced the upcoming […]
- Exercising Due Professional CareObtaining Adequate Information in Small Business Valuations As valuation professionals, one of the challenges we face in valuing small businesses is the quality of the financial information provided by the subject company. The NACVA professional standards require members to exercise due professional care and obtain sufficient relevant data to prepare a conclusion, recommendation, or position. […]
- 12 things we know about the Amazon deal, so farAmazon will split its HQ2 into two sites and build new offices in Long Island City and Arlington, Virginia after a year of bidding wars from cities across the country. The $5 billion investment... To view the full story, click the title link.
- For shareholders' sake, the financial-services industry desperately needs reformLast month in New York City, at the Council of Institutional Investors' , investment insiders gathered to discuss nuances in corporate governance. That might elicit a yawn, but issues on the agenda... To view the full story, click the title link.