- Governor shuts down non-essential constructionGovernor Andrew Cuomo today shut down all non-essential construction in New York City. Only emergency construction on projects necessary to protect health and safety, or where it would be dangers to leave a job unfinished, are permitted until futher notice. In one of several executive orders issue this morning, the... The post Governor shuts down […]
- Property owners turning NYC red, white and blueLower Manhattan property owners are turning the neighborhood red, white and blue in an effort to bolster moral as New York battles the corona virus. Last Thursday night, One World Trade Center, Pier 17 at the Seaport District (pictured top), Brookfield Place, 111 and 115 Broadway, 55 Water Street and... The post Property owners turning […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- “Little Big Data”Get Clients to Count on Your Accounting Is it the valuation of a small privately held company with three employees? Or a large multi-national with employees in the thousands? Perhaps it is reviewing assets in a highly contested divorce. One way or another, you are trying to reach a decision, an opinion, or a conclusion […]
- The Land EstateValuation Issues for Wind and Mineral Surface Development Rights As wind energy has emerged as a leading source of energy, several issues have arisen with respect to the rights of parties holding surface and mineral rights. There are important legal issues that need to be explored to assess whether to develop a wind energy farm. […]
- Schumer delivers billions to NY; it's not enoughGov. Andrew Cuomo and are sniping at one another over whether Congress has done enough for New York, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak. Schumer says the aid is robust and unprecedented.... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Amazon workers to strike at New York site on virus concernsAbout 100 Amazon&am… at a plan to go on strike at noon on Monday, alleging management has been unresponsive to safety concerns and the spread of the coronavirus at the facility. Employees are... To view the full story, click the title link.