- ON THE SCENE: What’s for sale in NY’s middle marketBrian Whelan and Alexandra Curtin of B6 Real Estate Advisors have been retained to sell 5089-5099 Broadway, a development assemblage with more than 188 ft. of frontage in Inwood (pictured top). Located on the southwest corner of Broadway and West 218th Street, the property is composed of two adjacent lots... The post ON THE SCENE: […]
- Historic Brooklyn hotel reopens as luxury senior communityThe first new luxury retirement community in New York City in 20 years has opened its doors. The Watermark at Brooklyn Heights is a joint venture of Kayne Anderson Real Estate, Watermark Retirement Communities and Tishman Speyer. A lending consortium that included BMO Harris, as well as Wells Fargo and... The post Historic Brooklyn hotel […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Paycheck Protection ProgramValuation Considerations When PPP Has Been Used The Payroll Protection Program (PPP) is a program established in 2020 by the U.S. Congress entitled the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act known as the CARES ACT. This Act, which was in response to the President’s closing of the economy on March 13, 2020, was enacted […]
- Representation and Warranty InsuranceUnderstanding the Claims Process and Anticipating Issues The merger and acquisition (M&A) market has evolved over the last several years and faced turbulence in 2020. One increasingly popular aspect of an M&A transaction is the use of representation and warranty insurance policies. After acquiring a business, a buyer may become aware that representations and warranties […]
- Building Congress leader’s birthday party violates safety protocolsMayor Bill de Blasio on Friday blasted Carlo Scissura, chief of the New York Building Congress, after photos surfaced of the city development advocate’s 50th birthday party, at which state and city... To view the full story, click the title link.
- In-person student rolls climbed by only 35,000 during opt-in periodNew York City, with a public school enrollment of 1.1 million, saw just 35,000 additional students sign up for in-class instruction during its only midyear opt-in period. The city Department of... To view the full story, click the title link.