Forensic Accounting and Litigation
Gettry Marcus assists attorneys and their clients in untangling complex financial issues. Our forensic accounting and litigation specialists speak the language of business, and are invaluable in providing attorneys with the financial documentation and explanations needed for tactical planning and negotiations for matters in Federal and state courts, as well as arbitration proceedings.
Forensic accounting involves the combination of special skills in accounting, auditing, finance, quantitative methods, research, and investigation to collect, analyze, and evaluate information, and to interpret and communicate the findings.
Our litigation services professionals have extensive forensic accounting experience. We combine data analysis and data mining techniques with strong investigative skills. The result highlights our keen ability to “follow the people and the money” in developing our findings for a wide range of applications.
Clients and attorneys can often attain dramatic leverage at the negotiating table and in the courtroom by presenting quantifiable data in a clear, cogent, and persuasive manner. A case that is substantiated by indisputable documentation will most often be received favorably.
Our multi-credentialed team of specialists work within the context of the time pressures usually present in litigation.
- Accountants professional liability litigation
- Arbitration/mediation services
- Buy/sell agreements
- Civil and criminal tax controversies
- Contract disputes
- Due diligence
- Economic damages
- Expert witness services
- Financial fraud investigations
- Intellectual property damages
- Internal investigations
- Investigative services
- Partner/Shareholder disputes
- Post-acquisition disputes
- Trust and estate litigation
- White collar criminal litigation
We maintain active roles in many professional organizations in our disciplines, and contribute articles to nationally recognized peer reviewed journals and publications. We have attained the highest level of credentials within our profession and serve as national instructors and lecturers to various professional groups, including state CPA organizations, on various business valuation and forensic accounting topics.
We Maintain Active Memberships In Many Professional Associations, Including:
- American Bar Association (Associate Member, Section of Litigation)
- American College of Forensic Examiners
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Appraisers
- Associated Licensed Detectives of New York State
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Financial Consulting Group
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Professional Investigators
- The Estate Planning Council of Nassau County