WEBINAR: Business Interruption Insurance Related to the Current Health Crisis
Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C. presented: Business Interruption Insurance Related to the Current Health Crisis
Learn the tactics and strategies of business interruption and contingent business interruption coverages, logistics of submitting a business interruption claim, how to support the monetary damages as part of a business interruption claim, and more
Topics that will be addressed include:
- Does your businesses commercial package policy include:
- business interruption coverage that may cover this current health issue
- contingent business interruption coverage that may cover this current health issue, or
- some other rider that may cover this current health issue such as the component of the losses that are the result of government actions?
- Potential obstacles to submitting a business interruption claim.
- The logistics of submitting a business interruption claim.
- How to support the monetary damages as part of a business interruption claim.
Franklin C. McRoberts IV, Esq., Partner at Farrell Fritz, P.C., focuses on representing businesses and real property owners in insurance coverage litigation, including disputes with insurance companies and brokers over disclaimers, denials, rescissions, bad faith, and errors and omissions.
Michael Aronson, CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor), Partner at USI- Chernoff Diamond, assists clients in identifying and quantifying their exposure to loss. He also provides advice on practical loss control to eliminate or minimize risk of loss and advises on options to transfer risk through insurance coverage.
Andrew P. Ross, CPA, CFE, CVA, PFS, is a Partner at Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C. and is a member of the firm’s Business Valuation & Litigation Services Group, one of the largest in the New York metropolitan area with many credentialed business valuation professionals and a team of forensic accountants. Mr. Ross is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Valuation Analyst and Personal Financial Specialist.
Howard H. Fine, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA, is the Partner-in-Charge of the Accounting & Auditing Group at Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C. He has over 30 years of experience providing accounting, auditing, and tax services to middle-market closely-held businesses. Mr. Fine has extensive experience in diversified industries such as professional service firms, wholesale distribution, employee benefit plans, manufacturing, health care, retail, hospitality, apparel and textile, and not-for-profit organizations.